The Queensland Debating Union Inc is the peak body for debating in Queensland and a registered charity.
The objects for which the association is established are:
(1) To promote public and personal interest in debating and public speaking in Queensland;
(2) To conduct competitions and to encourage and develop a high standard of debate between organised bodies and teams;
(3) To promote debating as an organised activity in Queensland schools;
(4) To train adjudicators and improve the standard of adjudications in debating and public speaking;
(5) To encourage the standardisation of rules of debating in use throughout Queensland; and
(6) To affiliate with and lend support to other organisations with like objects.
(Queensland Debating Union Incorporated Rules, r 2)
To achieve these objects, we run a variety of programs, including annual debating competitions for grades 5 to 12 in Brisbane and Toowoomba. We also work with a number of regional affiliates throughout the State to provide resources, training and support.
Our competitions include thousands of students across the State.
As an affiliate of the Australian Debating Federation, we also select the Queensland Schools State Team to compete in the annual National Schools Debating Championship.
The Queensland Debating Union Inc (QDU) encourages all people interested in supporting its aims to apply to become members here.